Monday, March 14, 2011

Crushing

And so, another month has passed and I have been a bad blogger! So, the steelers lost, but I had a good time watching the game anyway ;) More to come on that later. That's alright, but March Madness is upon us! And as I've done the past two years, I invited some of my good girl friends to join in on the fun with some friendly competition via bracket making!

Not too much has changed in the past month. Work has been work. Stressful and long hours (although not as bad as bankers have it). However, the most irritating part of work, isn't the actual work, surprisingly. Rather, its my dumb coworker. Was that too blunt? I suppose being dumb is not something I should hold against a person. But rather I am constantly irritated by his lack of effort, motivation, and constant pushing of "bitch" work to me although he's not that busy. Keep in mind, he's not my boss. Additionally, it's as if his iPhone is actually a brick. He has SO MANY personal phone calls coming into the office every day. Aside from friends, his unemployed girlfriend calls ALL DAY LONG. This is unprofessional in my workplace, although I know each workplace environment is different. And cackling loudly while gossiping about your friends? Completely unacceptable and distracting.

Moving on from complaints, I am crushing. Hard. On some random boy I met twice. And I honestly canNOT stop thinking about him! This makes me feel like a complete schoolgirl, because I really have no reason to be thinking about him this much. In fact it's been over a month since I have seen him last, and we met at mutual friend gatherings. But yet, because it's been so long since I have clicked that well with someone, he stays on my mind. Or maybe we didn't click as well as I thought, who knows. But finally, someone adorable and intelligent, that I can exchange witty banter with. I'm trying to get those mutual friends to set something up, just to see if maybe there is a spark there. But until then! Daydreams at work :) and lowered productivity.

Oh and for lent, I've decided to give up carb-type items! At first, it was bagels (which is tough for me, I LOVE BAGELS). But as of last night, I've decided to try my best to give up bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and anything similar to those items. It will be hard though, I do love myself some sourdough bread and fried rice or penne alla vodka. And especially tough when eating out with my friends...but I'll allow a little slip-up here and there for special occasions. Does that still count as giving it up for Lent?

Til Next Time,
Panda with a Key

No comments:

Post a Comment