Sunday, March 20, 2011

Random run-ins

Friday was an absolutely gorgeous day here in New York City!! And I had decided to take the morning off (in fear of a hangover from St Patty's?). I haven't really had time off since August and so I basked in the 70 degree sunshine weather we were having and just had some "me-time" (if you can count me-time as watching Jersey Shore and Top Chef episodes). Trashy television is a habit I will never be able to get rid of. Taking the half day was such an amazing decision, I should make it a habit just to take random days off - except then I won't have any vacation days to take actual vacations! :) I hope the weather makes up its mind and allows spring to come to NY! My hair is short, and I'm ready for the warm weather to permanently make its way over!

St. Patty's was nothing monumental. Went to a friend's apartment by me to watch some March Madness and down some Irish Carbombs before heading out to a neighborhoody bar. It always surprises me how often I run into people I know in the biggest city in the world, and mostly on the tiny island of Manhattan! On Thursday, I randomly saw a girl from college, and a girl from my junior league provisional group! Keep in mind, the bar we were at is tiny. Then, on Friday while celebrating the birthday of another girl from my provisional group, I ended up running into a high school friend! And lastly, I randomly saw multiple people from my college on Saturday while celebrating another friend's birthday. It's just such a small world sometimes.

Last night was more fun than I have had in quite a while, but I do find myself saying that pretty often. A few friends that I don't normally hang out with in the city, but did used to go out with quite often freshman year of college all decided to surprise our friend T in New Jersey for a birthday dinner before heading back into the city. We cracked open a few bottles of wine, and were just laughing non-stop the entire dinner and entire train ride back to new york. I can't even recall all the things that were said, but it was basically joke after joke after joke. My abs hurt from laughing so hard! Sometimes you need to hang out with a group of outrageous, witty, crazy people. It's incredibly entertaining! Although this group isn't really what I would call close friends, they reminded me how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many intelligent, funny, awesome people that I can call friends.

I'm sad that it's Sunday night and the weekend is over. The schedule this week is pretty full and looking at all the things I have to go to is already giving me a bit of anxiety. How soon will the weekend come back. Oh and please don't snow!

PS. Drinking does not bode well with not eating bread. The restaurant we were at was turkish/mediterranean so there were endless buckets of pita bread, and some $1 drunken pizza after the bars as well. But I made an epic trip to trader joe's and plan on making brussel sprouts by myself for the first time ever! I'll let you know how that goes haha. But seriously, no bread, rice or pasta is HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment