Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Veggie Stir-Fry

Bloggity blog blog blog. It really excites me to write on here so often! (Although no one is reading it at this point haha) But I don't think I will ever be one of those people that links to their blog on facebook for all of my friends to read... There's something to be said about the anonymity of the blog (and of course only really sharing this with my closest friends).

So, I wanted to share a picture of a stir-fry I made last night! Giving up potatoes, bread, rice, and PASTA has not been the hardest thing to keep to, but definitely gets difficult at times. In my work cafeteria today (where they have dozens of different food stations, and pretty good food for the most part) they had potato au gratin as one of the sides. CHEESY potatoes, I mean does life get any better than that? Too bad they're off limits for now! (As was the pizza I drunkenly consumed this weekend, ahh!) I bought a massive amount of veggies and fruits from my local Trader Joe's on Sunday, so what better way to use it than a stir fry! Without further ado:
Shredded brussel sprouts, apple chardonnay chicken sausage, an entire zucchini, and cremini sliced mushrooms (with a bit of hoisin sauce, salt, oregano and basil)

It was delicious! I was fairly pleased because I've never made brussel sprouts before and although I know zuchinni to be straighforward, I never buy it or use it! This isn't just an attempt at being more healthy, but also trying to save some $$$. Living in the city has its costs and spending $100 on a meal for a birthday dinner and then spending $20 on lazy weeknight seamlessweb (takeout) is just not a very financially savvy move. I'm trying to save up some money so that if/when I decide to go off to grad school, I'm not dirt poor because I know my parents won't be supporting me any longer. I asked my coworker what he thinks is a good amount that I should strive towards for savings before enrolling in school. He says: 100k would be good. WHAT?! If I want to get to 100k (i'm not even sure it would be possible if I paid no rent and didn't eat!) then I need to make better decisions with my money and weekday meals is definitely a spot where I need improvement.

By the way, I'm also eating the most delicious breaded tilapia with carrots and peas as a side right now. I would make this a double picture post, but I've already massacred it to the point where I'm sure noone wants to see it. ;)

See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment