Monday, March 21, 2011

Optimistic

I like to think that I'm an optimist. Like any girl, I like a good rant and a good whining session, but in my general outlook on life and how I perceive people? Definitely a glass half full kind of girl.

Like I mentioned in yesterdays post, I hung out this weekend with a few people that I normally don't stay in touch with that often. One of these people used to also be close with my ex-roommate who I no longer am in touch with. So I don't have to retell the story today, let's just say there hasn't been anyone who has lived with her for more than half a year that still speaks to her. So after a few glasses of wine, as we were in a cab heading to our next destination, he brings her up again fully knowing from earlier that this girl and I no longer speak and told me it was essentially my fault for all that transpired between the two of us. He claimed that I "knew" upon becoming friends with her that she was a selfish b**ch and so I knew what I was getting myself into. I'm sorry, what?! If ever I heard flawed logic, that was it.

Have I had first impressions of people in the past and known I did not want to be friends with some of those people based on that impression? Absolutely. Has my impression been wrong before? Absolutely. I believe in the best of people, even when they haven't shown that to be true. But upon leaving college, who really has the time to maintain these cancerous relationships? They say that the people you keep in touch with after college are the ones that are important to you and I believe that to be true. Life is too short to waste time talking about nonsensical, frivolous things all day. I'm not talking about being silly, but if my relationship with someone is solely based on the other person taking advantage of me, and our conversations consist mainly of shit-talking, gossiping and recaps of drunken escapades, then no thanks. There is so much more to my life than that and I don't need a selfish person taking up my time. The end.

Speaking of optimism, I'm really hoping that I can come out of this march madness in the top half of the bracket pool. I've never done so badly before! The upsets on the east have really KILLED me. Oh well, there's always next year. And my bracket pool was FREE :)

I'm going to have to go find some fun things to put pictures of on here. We all know that no one likes to read these many words without some fun pictures in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment